Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good and Bad Customer Service Experience

Since I love flying and travelling I thought it would be interesting to talk the quality service of two different airlines, one where my customer experience was extremely positive and the other isn't so great. Last summer I used both airlines and my experience in each differ greatly.
A huge challenge for well-known airlines is to deliver consistant quality service. British Airways is one of the airlines I use most often. One of the most important aspects in a airline company is achieving customer loyalty. For example, if you are Silver or Gold (there aren't many real differences between them- BA treats silver cardholders much better than any other programmes), it is quick and simple to check in online and have business class access even if you are seated in economy, they allow an extra piece of luggage, have priority boarding (which saves a lot of time) and being able to pre-select your your seat when you book your ticket. Although, Alitalia provides a lot of the same services as British Airways does, my experience wasn't nearly the same. I took a flight this summer on Alitalia and it was one of my most horrible travel experiences, we boarded the flight and waited 3 hours in the plane before taking off due to some flight issues, that wasn't the problem, the problem was that it was extremely hot and unbearable in the aircraft, there was no water, or refreshments and other flyers were extremely unhappy as well. The same thing happened to me in British Airways, we had to wait in the plane for about 2 hours before take off, however, the tv was activated some sandwiches and water or refreshments were served, which made the wait a lot more pleasant than the one of Alitalia.
Another really important element in an airline service is the way the hostess treats the customers. In British Airways from the beginning of my journey (the baggage drop-off) to the end the employers were extremely professional, helpful and welcoming. Contrary to Alitalia, the employers as well as the hostesses were extremely rude, and granted very little attention to the needs of their customers.
Finally, maybe I am just lucky, but I haven't lost any of my luggages with British Airways, and the only time I actually did was when I flew Alitalia. When I lost my luggages I did everything I could to get them back and track them down, but Alitalia was the worst company to deal with, they wouldn't answer, they would constantly shut the phone and they never had clear answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment