Monday, May 7, 2012

Moment Visit

In this post I will be talking about my visit to Moment: A digital product design firm. Going into their offices I didn't really know what I was expecting, I had never really visited a digital product design firm before and the term seemed so narrow, I kept wondering what was their job and what were their expertise? Moment is a company that is responsible for designing products and services for things like the web, mobile devices, and emerging platforms. Their main goal is to work together with the collaboration of each other using their various skills in order to solve problems. They have worked with several important companies such as ESPN, Tiffany & Co, Disney.. and those projects were successful due to their continuous communication between the people that work at the moment and their clients. They refer as creating a "long lasting business value."Their motto is to design things and application that work for people that makes people's lives easier. For example one of the projects that fascinated me the most is the medical application that they were able to create for people with Diabetes. The application that they created allows you to track the food your eating, reminds you to to take your medicines, to keep track of your medicines, your check up, you tests... This project fascinated me and made me realize how important   web design actually is. Also it made me notice another really fascinating elements, without the creation of the Iphone really, applications wouldn't have been so efficient, so easy to use and so popular, that it in fact also created a whole new fileds and opened a whole lot of creative opportunities to take part. I really enjoyed my visit to the Moment firm it was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment